Jun 2, 2010

of we go again

Packed all my necessary magazines, loaded the iphone with PulpMX and Racer X podcasts, got all my AGV and Dainese necessary info and off we go, I'm on for another transatlantic return trip. Going via France to Italy for the yearly sales meetings and presentation of the new 2010-2011 Dainese collection. Exciting. Are we going to "AIR" it out? ;-)
Crossing finger that the special one will be part of it this year.


So, for those who never check the internet and don't read magazines :-) the AGV Dainese guys have been doing well lately, even though, because I had to prepare this trip and take care of my clients before I left, I didn't attend 3 important race events on the US soil: the opening round of the AMA Motocross National series at Hangtown/Sacramento where AGV's Davi Millsaps score a 3rd overall with 3-2 moto finishes and a 2nd overall for Ashley Fiolek in the AMA Women MX race; the FIM Motocross US Grand Prix at Glen Helen/San Bernardino this past weekend, where both AGV/Yamaha Rinaldi riders had a challenging time with   David Philippaerts finishing 15th overall in MX1 and Gautier Paulin going 10th overall in MX2; and finally the World Superbike Championship U.S. round at Miller Motorpoark where Dainese's Max Biaggi scored two perfect race wins and took over the points lead in the 2010 WSBK series.

Instead, I enjoyed great time with the family and friends, riding my Triumph Tiger 1050 to work, spending time on the Fox River playing with wave-runners and riding our MTB's in the forests of Wisconsin. It has to be fun at times and not always "work, work, work."

Sitting in the Air France lounge at ORD right now, waiting for my flight to Nice, France, then it'll be a short one to the beautiful city of Venice and 3 days of hard, but fun, work at Dainese in Vicenza.

OK, I'll try to remain the moto-tourist that I am and will try to update as much as I can.


Cool pic of Gautier at Glen Helen, by Michael Rigdon.