May 18, 2007

Vet X Series - Byron, IL (part 1)






(practice photos above)
Well, here we go. Finally, after about 20 years, here I am going to race MX again. Racing. Oh, no, it's not like I haven't been on a bike for all this time, to the contrary, I have even been riding more now than 10 years ago. Back in Tanzania, when it was all about big thumpers and off-road racing, Enduro and more, I really didn't think that I'd ever line up on a gate with 20 other guys again.

Since I have moved to the US, in 2004, it's all been about MX all over again. I have wanted to race many times in the past 3 years but always chickened out of it. Not today. Bee building up for this Vet X series. Pretty cool kind of racing put together for old angry and grumpy old men like me. LOL!

So, I got the bike ready, DeCal Works is finishing the backgrounds and I am picking up Fred in 1 hour to go to practice.

The first round is hosted by the crew at Byron, IL. today it's open practice, but I have a busy agenda: pick up Fred at 9h; 130 drive to Byron; practice, sign-up, check the track, 2 hours there max.; drive to DeCal to get my background; pass by SF to get a front tire (will go with a D756); drop of Fred; go back home to put the tire and backgrounds on; find wife and friends for dinner.

Then, tomorrow, depart super unreasonably early to go racing.


wow!!


Anyway. Later!